Family Mediation Service Portland
All couples who reach the end of a relationship share in common a wish for their difficult decision not to impact on their loved one, never more so than when there are children to consider. It will never be easy – but the British Legal System offers an alternative to the adversarial, time-consuming and potentially highly expensive solicitor route, which may necessitate court appearances. This may be distressing for all parties, perhaps especially for children.
Family mediation from Solent Family Mediation is different. Our staff of fully-qualified, professional mediators are experienced in family law, and will seek to resolve the complications of a partnership’s dissolution amicably, quickly and at a far lower cost than if judges and lawyers are involved. The mediation process is entirely voluntary and designed to accommodate all parties’ convenience. Contact us to take your first step towards resolving disagreements in a conciliatory, timely and professional manner.
Why customers choose us in Portland
- A professional mediation service for those experiencing family breakdown
- Non-judgmental, impartial guidance from trained mediators working to a professional code of conduct
- Expertise in financial or child-related matters available
- Guidance towards self-resolution of decisions around emotional, practical and financial matters in the case of family breakdown
- Provides a cost-effective alternative to court
- Fully endorsed by the Ministry of Justice as a first step or an alternative before legal proceedings
- Completely confidential service, all cases dealt with in strict privacy
- Arranged at a date, time and location to suit the client.
Do you need a MIAMS or FM1 in Portland?
Mediation Information Assessment Meeting with an approved mediator from Solent and get a Form FM1 to prove that they have done so.
Learn more about MIAM and FM1 – click here.
How Family Mediation in Portland can help you?
Types of people and reasons to use family mediation service
A family mediation service can help a wide variety of people deal with an equally wide number of issues.
One of the most devastating things to befall a family can be when a couple splits up. This can be particularly hard on children, but communication, via mediation, can ensure that both parents come to an agreement over access to their children. Grandparents and extended family should be considered regarding this also. Deciding on what happens to the family assets and home is also something that mediation can help with. Mediation can help to resolve problems equally well in either a heterosexual or same sex relationship.
Mediation can also help to resolve business-related disputes and relevant financial matters amicably. While mediation can help to resolve issues involving pensions, savings and investments.
Other Solent Family Mediation offices in Dorset
Mediation company Portland – Divorce Mediation Portland- Solicitors Mediation Portland MIAMS Portland- Separation Mediators Portland
Call to find out more on 0238 161 1051
See our FAQs on family mediation
See more about our fees